Old May 23rd 17, 12:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

Default I'm Looking for a new location SW USA?

On Monday, May 22, 2017 at 10:10:49 AM UTC-6, Mike the Strike wrote:
On Monday, May 22, 2017 at 5:45:14 AM UTC-7, gkemp wrote:
On Sunday, May 21, 2017 at 9:26:45 AM UTC-7, Waveguru wrote:
With the passing of Roy Coulliette, the management here at Pleasant Valley Airport Arizona has changed and it is now unworkable for me. I think I would like to stay here in the Desert Southwest somewhere, but I'm willing to move if need be. Does anybody have any suggestions for where I might be able to set up a commercial glider operation near a good sized population these days?

Boggs

How about something around Tucson?

If you want both good weather and a supply of tourists, either you need a big city or nearby other attractions. Tucson has the weather, but not the population or tourists.

I agree with other posters that you should take a serious look at Utah. Every small town has an airport and many of them are close to I-15 and all the tourists heading to the local National and State parks. If Nephi is too far north (cold winters), maybe something closer to Zion or St. George would work?

You'll have to cut back the beer and switch to green jello, though!

Mike

Many are enroute to/from Las Vegas. Need to get them on the way there.

Frank