Old December 4th 03, 11:43 PM

Jim wrote:
: Up to 10 hours on a PCATD with a CFII is loggable as simulated
: instrument/simulator time/instruction recieved as long as you are working
: toward your instrument rating.
: You must work with your CFII on the prescribed training requirements of the
: rateing, ie, you just can't play around on the PC with the CFII watching you
: try to crash it into buildings or try to fly inverted.
: This 10 hours is part of, not in addition to, the 20 hours total sim time
: that is loggable while working toward your instrument rating.

I've already got an instrument rating, and I do not believe that an instructor
will be present. It's researching different communications equipment.

: PCATD time is not loggable towards recency or currency requirements.

Fair enough, but it's still loggable as PIC time, no? Just can't count towards
the recency or currency.

: It must be an approved PCATD.

Where does one find this information? Does it have to be "checked out" in a
specific installation, or if it's a certain model is it sufficient?

Thanks again. I figured I'd ask those more familiar with this than I, since reading
FAR's directly and without guidance is a cure for insomnia.

-Cory

* The prime directive of Linux: *
* - learn what you don't know, *
* - teach what you do. *