Old March 10th 10, 07:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military.naval
BlackBeard

Default "Vanishing American Air Superiority"

On Mar 10, 6:18*am, Jack Linthicum
wrote:
On Mar 10, 9:08*am, Typhoon502 wrote:

On Mar 10, 8:31*am, Jack Linthicum
wrote:

On Mar 9, 10:35*pm, Typhoon502 wrote:
I mean, if you're developing a platform that was such a big jump in
capacity, wouldn't someone go, "Hey, can we come up with some new ways
to arm it"?

Like the F-16?

Yes, like weapons to go in the F-16's internal ordnance bay so it
maintains its stealthy profile. eyeroll

The F-16 went from Boyd's "mean clean machine" to the pack mule for
any ordinance the Pentagon could find a manufacturer for. It's
scheduled for a nearly 50 year life span.

Ahhh yes, Death by bureaucracy! "We'll bury you in so many laws and
regulations you'll surrender in the first week!"

BB