Old February 18th 13, 05:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy

Default Power Flarm Antena Mounting

On Sunday, February 17, 2013 8:28:46 AM UTC-8, Dave Nadler wrote:
You're on the right track...

Position the FLARM antenna as high as possible (tip just below canopy).

Pay attention to the FLARM note on antenna separation.

Updates and log file is via USB, not uSD card.

If you're going to use the FLARM logger, you'll want easy

access to the USB port without removing canopy, for example

install in your panel one of these:

http://www.sfcable.com/10U2-PM101-E.html

Hope that helps,

Best Regards, Dave

If you have 27a you can probably install the antennas in the nose as there is no (or little) carbon in the nose (at least not in early production). So far this seem to work well for me but I did not yet had the chance to use the range tool to confirm. I would like to hear from other Schleicher owners if nose installation is working well for them.

Ramy