Old November 30th 15, 11:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper[_4_]

Default Bumper yaw string

On Sunday, November 29, 2015 at 9:30:25 PM UTC-8, Paul Remde wrote:
Hi Curt,

I'm just doing my best to make a living. I need to pay my shipping
assistant. Very small orders take just about as much time to process as
large orders. Some days we ship a lot of small orders. We'd lose money if
we didn't charge the handling fee. Marking up all items would penalize
those who order multiple items. There is no perfect solution. I'm sorry
you weren't happy with the service.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

When I looked at my first glider, it was breathtakingly beautiful just sitting there - all except for the kluged bit of yarn stuck to the canopy with tape. It's a sickness, but I've always looked at such things with an eye towards, "How might that be made better?" And so the MK series was born in '98. Series, 'cause I kept finding ways to make it better until I was happy with it. MKIV now and I'm pretty happy :c).

Before Paul (Cumulus Soaring) took on the MKIV & QV, my sales were all direct, ras & word of mouth. Now, Paul sells fifty MKIV's to my one. That benefits us both, as I save time and hopefully it helps Paul's business in a small way. Cumulus Soaring, like any business, needs to profit, while for me it's fortunately just a hobby, a way of sharing one of my small inventions.

I will continue to sell direct, especially overseas where that makes sense as I can ship for the cost of a stamp. At the same time, I understand it's important to support our on-line soaring businesses, they provide an important service in a difficult small niche market. And most of the better soaring supplies carry "bumper" stuff - so when you place an order please add a MKIV too.

all the best,