Old October 20th 04, 10:20 PM
Michael

(Dave) wrote
I have no multi time, but am about to go to a school to get it. They
estimate 10-12 hours in my log book when I finish my checkride.

Don't do it. It won't drop your insurance enough to offset the cost
of the course, and you won't learn much. Ask them if they will rent
you the plane you're training in solo. If not (and at 10-12 hours, I
know the answer will be not) you won't have learned enough to be safe
- just enough to get a piece of paper. You're way better off buying
your own airplane and training in it - unless you buy turbo, of
course.

She came back and said, even with an
instructor by my side, they won't insure me. Period.

Go to someone else. I know people without multi ratings at all are
being insured in C-310's. The tipoff is the Seneca vs. C-310
comparison - the C-310 is definitely a more demanding airplane.

Michael