Old July 13th 18, 12:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default AIR Avionics Digital Altimeter Question

Hi,

I have been receiving a fair amount of interest for the AIR Avionics "AIR Control Display with Altimeter functions" lately. I've heard it works great.. However, I haven't bought any for stock yet because I am very conservative when it comes to selling items in the USA. I only sell items that I'm certain are legal for use here.

It is unclear to me whether or not this product can be used in the USA. I asked Marc at AIR Avionics and he stated, "in short: yes. The unit is EASA ETSO approved and we have a Minor Change Approval for installation that can be downloaded from our website. With the reciprocal acceptance under the current TIP revision, European TSO approvals as well as Minor Change Approvals are valid under FAA in the US as well and ACD-57 can be legally installed into FAA aircraft including all of its functions like the altimeter."

I'm not an expert on what is accepted by the FAA in the USA.

I'm sure someone that follows this group knows more about this than I do. Any thoughts?

Best Regards,

Paul Remde