Old August 17th 18, 01:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

Default Ventus 3F - Fatal

On Friday, August 17, 2018 at 4:09:33 AM UTC-4, wrote:
I honestly don't remember, this was some years ago. I left that club because I considered it to have the worst attitude towards safety I had ever seen.

On Friday, August 17, 2018 at 5:03:51 AM UTC+2, wrote:

Was that guy flying a PIK-20B by any chance?

https://app.ntsb.gov/pdfgenerator/Re...Final&IType=CA

I've heard different versions of this event that vary in significant details. What the accounts agree on are that the pilot didn't seek instruction from a flap qualified instructor.

I don't think the PIK accident is relevant in any way to Renny's accident. Condolences to all... I didn't know Renny, but we did correspond a few times, he clearly knew what he was about.

T8