Old August 17th 18, 01:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Ventus 3F - Fatal

On Friday, August 17, 2018 at 2:37:06 PM UTC+2, Tango Eight wrote:
On Friday, August 17, 2018 at 5:03:51 AM UTC+2, wrote:

Was that guy flying a PIK-20B by any chance?

https://app.ntsb.gov/pdfgenerator/Re...Final&IType=CA

I've heard different versions of this event that vary in significant details. What the accounts agree on are that the pilot didn't seek instruction from a flap qualified instructor.

I don't think the PIK accident is relevant in any way to Renny's accident. Condolences to all... I didn't know Renny, but we did correspond a few times, he clearly knew what he was about.

T8

That was the accident alright. I was at the field when it happened. The pilot was from the UK, if I remember correctly. The club had plenty of instructors available, but no other flap-only glider, single or dual seat.