Old April 30th 15, 08:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom Kelley #711

Default Covers what to buy?

On Sunday, April 26, 2015 at 3:17:08 PM UTC-6, wrote:
I am looking at purchasing covers for an 18 meter glider. Last glider I had Jaxida (spelling covers). I would use these covers when say flying out of Minded or in Utah for a week soaring vacation and did not want to disassemble every night.

Which covers to buy? Any useful comments welcomed.

Thanks

Have Kerry covers. Went to the Kerry cover website and sent them an email. They sent a invoice which I took to my bank for a wire transfer. No problems. Had the covers in 3 days!
Slight assemble was required. The bungee cord has to be cut and clips slipped on(they provide cord and clips). Very easy to do. Just requires a short amount of time after you put the covers on for the first time.
For short overnight tie downs, they are very good. I might add that the time to put them on and off is about equal to derig and rerig in the morning. Only time and money saved is the "taping", but when its in the box overnight is really what I find as being preferred. Others told me this, I didn't listen and now have a set of covers which I will use as a rare maybe.
Others I know are using Kerry covers, they are "pleased", which you can also purchase from several vendors in the USA, if you don't want to do a wire transfer yourself.

Best.#711.