Old September 29th 18, 01:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Glider crash near Reno yesterday

In my brothers situation it was at the top of the second loop that he was able to get enough of the canopy kicked out to crawl over the side. His bailout was at about 700 ft agl, his chute bairly opened in time to arrest his decent. He ended up with facial lacerations and a busted ankle. The ventus performed two more loops without him aboard and dang near landed itself about 400 ft from where my brother landed. A busted canopy, busted elevator and tail boom is all that was damaged. That bird was flying again in about 6 weeks.