Old July 2nd 06, 07:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,soc.history.what-if,alt.news-media
Matt Giwer

Default Israel Threatens to Hit Damascus-Next step of A Clean Break?:

Jordan wrote:
Matt Giwer wrote:
Dean A. Markley wrote:
Israel need not hit Damascus. All they need do is hit Assad's house
near Latakia with a 2000 lb bomb.

How does that act of war improve matters?

By demonstrating to the Syrians that when they commit acts of war
against Israel through third party clients, Syria will suffer _direct_
retaliation.

Resistance to occupation is lawful and not an act of war EVEN IF there were
evidence of the implicit assertion that Syria were sponsoring it. Capturing a
prisoner of war from the occupying power is lawful in international law. Their
only obligation is to allow Red Cross visits along with proper treatment in
accordance with his rank.

Even if Syria or Iran were sponsoring it it would be no different from French
support of American colonies or Czech support of Zionists by sending arms to let
Stalin pretend innocense.

Resistance to occupation is always lawful by any means available. And that is
specifically because it was approved against the Nazis in WWII.

I personally think that _whenever_ a Syrian-backed
organization hits Israel, the Israelis should pick out a block or two
of Damascus -- preferably one inhabited by the Syrian upper clases --
level it, and then do a follow-up raid a half-hour later to take out
the rescue parties and any survivors.

And I think the US should have nuked Tel Aviv in response to the attack on the
USS Liberty but opinions vary particularly among Izziehuggers. That would be in
similar proportion to Israel's vengence attacks on occupied Gaza.

Let the *******s _bleed_ like they made Lebanon bleed.

The Druze SLA army that Israel financed to start the civil war in Lebanon (with
the hope of establishing a friendly Christian government) was the one which
asked Syria to intervene to save their butts. As the SLA was an Israeli puppet
we rationally assume that request was made with the approval of Israel. Israel
tried to abandon their puppets but public opinion forced the government not only
to give them residence but citizenship if they requested it.

Do you really expect to get away with Zionist lies when posting to me? The
reason you folks try to shut me out of s.h.w-i is because I know the facts and
do not subscribe to your izziehugging imaginary history.

How does if feel to deal with a man who knows more about Israel than you do?

In light of what really happened OTL if you can make a case for Israel and its
actions please do so.

--
America did not learn from a one day strike by illegals. The only way to
teach America a real lesson is to go back to Mexico until America begs you to