Old October 11th 03, 08:35 AM
Nils Rostedt

Cover the engine compartment with a thick blanket to keep the heat inside.

Consider changing to a synthetic or semi-synthetic oil if the engine specs
allow it. They make a big difference to the cranking power needed in cold
weather.

Also, getting the plane out of and into the hangar can be tricky when it's
icy. Frozen hangar doors may be hard to open. I've had to resort to all
sorts of tricks when moving our club motorglider in winter without
assistants, including spiked boots and a block and tackle system to pull the
plane over the ice threshold forming at the hangar doors.

But it's great to fly in winter when weather is good.

Nils
Helsinki, Finland

"Jose Vivanco" wrote in message ...

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.