Old July 2nd 06, 06:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.misc
Robert M. Gary

Default IFR logging question - is this legal?

Jose wrote:
As soon as you put the hood on, you are in simulated instrument
conditions, whether in cloud or not, and whether IFR or not. You may
=also= be in actual instrument conditions, but that is irrelevant.

Using a flight simulator is still simulated flight, even if the
simulator is on board a flying 747.

Ifind the FSDO doesn't find it too amusing when you try to play lawyer
with them and find odd loopholes in the law. I would suspect a call to
the FSDO (which I would actually do if you are thinking of doing this)
would result in some chuckles.

-Robert