Old June 16th 10, 06:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brad[_2_]

Default long flight

On Jun 16, 9:28*am, lanebush wrote:
On Jun 16, 12:12*pm, Tony wrote:

On Jun 16, 11:01*am, Brad wrote:

My glider N199AK supposedly landed at Johnstown, PA airport last
year..........I have the Port Authority bill sent to me to pay for the
landing fee.

My question is: can I use this bill as proof that I flew there from
Washington State? And if so, I believe that may make my flight one of
the longest sailplane flights in North America.............and all for
$25.00!

Brad

I'm sure there is something in the Sporting Code that will support the
claim

Probably not as the paper declaration and the electronic declaration
do not agree. *Also, you have your registration number on your paper
declaration but only your competition number on your electronic
declaration. *And your official observer has claimed he has at least a
silver badge but there are no records of such with the SSA. *Your
parachute was out of date and you did not have a two year
certification on your transponder. *The FAA has advised us that the
flight in question was not listed on your program letter on file with
the local FSDO and you nipped some airspace during your flight
(although you had permission via two way communication). *For the
above reasons your world record setting flight has been determined to
not be valid and therefore did not exist.

darn..................do I still have to pay that landing fee??

Brad