Old June 30th 18, 02:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Emergency Exit

The Genesis-2 was designed for a BRS system, but production was stopped before testing was done. I have installed 36' BRS (1050) systems in a couple of G-2's. Several years back, I came close to a mid-air in the pattern..............I believe a BRS would have offered my only chance of surviving that day, had we hit. Having the little red handle available, gives me a great sense of confidence! At 84, I can hardly climb out of the cockpit, no way wearing a parachute! Add G forces that would be present in a hard-over rudder situation...........? BRS claims their system will work as low as 350'.
Wishing everyone, happy landings,
JJ