Old May 7th 06, 06:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Fuel Prices and their Effect on Your Flying

Jay Honeck wrote:
: I always figure it's because of the tiny amounts of 100 LL some of the
: out-of-the-way airports we visit actually sells. Some of that gas in,
: oh, let's say Maquoketa, Iowa, is probably two years old, and God knows
: what the inside of the tanks look like.
: --

Sure, but I've never seen a 100LL pump without a filter inline. Anyway... I
guess I haven't visited enough out-of-the-way places. I would have figured I'd seen
gunk flying to Alaska and back last summer, but of the 500 gallons of 100LL we ran
though it, there was never a spec/drop.

-Cory

* Cory Papenfuss, Ph.D., PPSEL-IA *
* Electrical Engineering *