Old November 2nd 07, 04:22 AM posted to aus.aviation,rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting
Steven P. McNicoll

Default Ten Plane Crashes That Changed Aviation

"Sylvia Else" wrote in message
u...
Mike Isaksen wrote:
"Ned" wrote in message ...
Ten Plane Crashes That Changed Aviation
Popular Mechanics David Noland October 13, 2007

I would include the Avianca (ran out of gas) crash in Long Island, NY in
the list. Seems like there was a major rework to the ARTCC traffic desks,
and an explosion of procedural "gate holds", to prevent extended enroute
holds. That's my walkaway from that event.

Mine would be "don't assume that your minimum fuel status is known by each
new controller you talk to."

Mine would be "don't miss an approach when you don't have enough fuel to fly
another one."