Old July 21st 09, 03:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
vontresc

Default Affordable Glider

On Jul 21, 8:29*am, "K Smith" wrote:
Let me say thanks to all the people who responded, I especially appreciated
the coments on the trailer condition, as I had not even thought of that. I
apologize to the people who e-mailed me with contact information, as due to
my shoulder surgery I have been off work most of this year and will be for
about another 6 weeks. *So I will not be able to purchase a glider until
winter or spring. *Assuming with this economy I have a job to go back to.

Thanks

"K Smith" wrote in message

O.K. now that I am getting back into gliding, I will want to purchase a
glider of my own in the not so distant future. *I had a lot of fun flying
a 1-26 when I was doing my solo training, and am thinking seriously about
getting one as the money flow allows. *But there is that part inside me
that thinks of a nice glass ship. *Are there any glass ships that can be
had for under say 15, and if so which ones would they be. * would probably
already bought a 1-26, but as luck would have it, I injured my shoulder at
work in April and had to have surgery. *So here I sit all summer in
beautifull Tennessee and can't fly.

Thanks for your thoughts on this.- Hide quoted text -

Don't discount older ships non glass. Good deals can be had on older
Scheichers (Got my Ka-6 for a steal) and the like. there is a nice
looking SF-27 on W&W right now for 11k

Pete