Old August 22nd 11, 09:36 AM
Walt Connelly Walt Connelly is offline
Senior Member

My dad once told me that if I ever heard myself saying "hey, watch this," (or even thinking "hey watch this," for that matter), whatever the hell it was you were going to do, DON'T.

For the record, I was one of the posters who questioned the investigations chances of getting things right. My purpose for doing so is based on two incidents which i personally observed and reported on and one glider incident that I was intimately familiar with, all three of which were misreported. If we are to learn from the mistakes of others it is imperative that the mistake be clearly and accurately reported.

Where I fly there are a couple of guys who frequently do low passes and thankfully thus far without incident. They are high time pilots flying high performance glass and I must admit that I enjoy and admire what they do. I also have some nice videos of their exploits. My major concern is for a situation where someone else might be in the pattern and suddenly confronted by another glider joining then in close proximity, hopefully not TOO close.

Oh, and ROMEO. I love broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, a nice big steak and a huge baked potato smothered in butter and sour cream with a massive slab of pie and ice cream.

Walt