Old November 25th 03, 09:27 PM
Rich S.

"Bob Loer" wrote in message
The tail dragger I am building shows a closed loop rudder cable system.

That
is to say both front pedals are joined by a cable that loops around a

pulley
in front of the control stick on the floor. There are also pedal return
springs.

Is this extra weight and complexity needed? What is the advantage or
disadvantage? One point that my be pertinent is the rudder cable branches
off with a lower cable to the tail wheel just after it exits the fuselage.

Any thoughts appreciated.

My Emeraude plans show the same arrangement, but after looking over the
setup on a friend's RV-4 I decided to save the weight and complexity. I
haven't found any down side to not having them closed loop. (Wow! a triple
negative!)

Rich S.