Old March 26th 04, 04:02 AM
noah

Hi,
I wanted to clarify, if possible, some of my thoughts the
cherokee partnership and see if that helps "steer" the advice.

I've taken 3 months off flying for two main reasons:
My old job was 15min from OAK, so I flew a lot with a great club:
www.alameda-aero.com. My new job is directly under short
final/departure from SQL's runway.
The problem: The club rates at SQL are about 50% higher than at
OAK and it's hard to just go have fun at $100/hr hobbs while also
paying $50/mo membership dues.

About the kitty & plane - the last post I saw mentioned the
$3600/yr as savings towards overhaul... that's not how this club is
operating. The $3600/yr (approx number) is for fixed costs. The
overhaul is expected to come from members pockets - and I understand
this from the beginning.

The concerns I'm hearing from other r.a.o members is making me
seriously think/re-think this partnership. The main things on my mind
right now a
1. Cost of an overhaul (it's the 150hp engine)
2. Potentially long downtime at overhaul
3. Member disagreements when it comes to shelling out $2k-$4k for
the overhaul...

Thanks for your thoughts & concerns - you may just talk me out of
it!
Noah