Old September 11th 03, 05:02 AM
Jeff Foley

(Craig) wrote in message . com...
(Jeff Foley) wrote in message . com...

Check the plug lead for leakage and try changing out the plugs
themselves. Since the problem moves when you change the leads from one
mag to the other, the only two things that were common to both then,
are the leads and the plugs.

Hope this helps....

Craig C.

The problem is solved!!!

Somewhere along the way...while fixing the original problem I removed
all of the plug wires from the Dist. cap. When reinstalling them in
the new cap I used the labels on the plug leads as a guide to insert
them in the proper holes on the Dist cap. Whoever labeled the leads
used a "6" where there should have been a "9" and vice versa....so you
can guess what happened from here. The No.s 2 and 8 cylinders were
firing.....but at the wrong time. After finally discovering the
problem and switching the two leads....viola!!! runs like a champ.
Compression checks good......annual is complete....time to fly!!!