Old September 16th 03, 09:35 PM
JJ Sinclair

John Boy,
Your trying to kill a gnat with a sledge hammer. I have been to many contests
with a 500 foot finish rule. This years standard nats at Montague had a 500
foot finish gate. What was the price to pay for not making it? One minute per
100 feet low was added to to your time. Now that's an appropriate penalty. Your
*distance only* penalty is like shooting somebody for shoplifting.

While I got you on the horn, your +15 minute thing is supposed to make things
fairer for the guys that dont have fancy computers that give an ETA. Well
guess what? Everybody is smart enough to make sure they get home 15 minutes
late. All you have succeeded in doing is to add 15 minutes to all optional
tasks. It's kind'a like the railroad that discovered a majority of accidents
involved the caboose being hit by another train. Their solution was to remove
all cabooses. Sounds like adding 15 minutes doesn't it?
JJ Sinclair