Old January 14th 10, 04:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell

Default Antarctic ice loss

bildan wrote:

"Recently published research by Barber and colleagues shows that the ice
cover was even more fragile at the end of the melt season than satellite
data indicated, with regions of the Beaufort and Chukchi Seas covered by
small, rotten ice http://nsidc.org/cgi-bin/words/word.pl?rotten%20ice
floes."

There is no good news from the National Snow and Ice Center, regardless
of the The Mail says.

--
Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA

Look at this:

http://climate.nasa.gov/news/index.c...ews&NewsID=242

I had no idea the mass loss was accelerating. No good news at the South
Pole, either.

--
Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA