Old September 2nd 12, 11:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Whelan[_3_]

Default Wave soaring nort of the polarcircle

On 9/2/2012 3:07 PM, wrote:
Hi,

If you want to have a look at how wave soaring looks north of the polar
circle then have a look at the little movie I made of our trip to a place
called Pirttivuopio which is close to the highest mountain in Sweden called
Kebnekaise. Very good wave soaring in almost all wind directions exept east
which is rare at Easter time when the camp is organized.

The youtube link is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ii7IftronyM

Cheers Tom

Superbly done! Thank you for sharing this!!! Surely 50 consecutive years of a
camp - much less a remote one as this - must be some sort of longevity record.

I noticed an "Experimental" on the fuselage of one of the towplanes. Is this a
recognized licensing category in Sweden or Norway?

Thanks again!

Bob W.