Old August 25th 12, 02:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Robert Fidler[_2_]

Default Contest Number on PowerFlarm (US)??

On Friday, August 24, 2012 6:02:49 PM UTC-4, Andy wrote:
On Friday, August 24, 2012 11:41:35 AM UTC-7, (unknown) wrote:

Recently got my powerflarm brick. I uploaded my Mode S transponder code per the instructions, but A - I haven't found a place to enter a contest number B - Has anyone else out there got their contest number loaded and visible to the rest of the PowerFlarm world? If so, how is that done. No mention in the "manual". Thanks, Gary

Your FLARM ID. or your ICAO ID if defined, is associated with your personal details such as contest number by means of the data you declare during FLARM Net registration.

That declared information, for all registed pilots, can be loaded to other pilot's systems as a FLARMnet file. It those other pilot's systems see your FLARM ID, or your ICAO ID, they will be able to display your personal information such as your contest number. (if the receiving system supports that capability)

You contest number can also be input to FLARM using the command

$pflac,s,COMPID,{contest number}

but this is likely only used in the logger function and is not for identifying your FLARM signal to other pilots.

Andy GY

I count 5 hurdles to make it happen, don't you just love electronics. The Flarm team should be supplying all the instructions to make this happen.