Old December 4th 06, 03:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
N2310D

Default Crosswind landing control..

"Dan" wrote in message
ups.com...
All,

When touching down in a crosswind, after the mains and the nosewheel
have all touched down firmly and are rolling, would it be proper
procedure to apply slight forward pressure to get better steering from
the nosewheel? Often, noseweel steering seems ineffective, and this
seems to have helped my control on rollout.

To paraphrase my instructor: The only thing the nose wheel should be used
for, is to keep the prop from striking the ground.