Old September 29th 04, 11:01 PM

On 29-Sep-2004, Jim Weir wrote:

The question is whether to have a two-channel meter (which complexes up
both
the design AND the panel space), a single meter switchable between lateral
and
vertical) or a single meter with the two axes summed together.

Hmm... Interesting bit of instrumentation there. My take is that since
summing the two axes will involve some trivial electronics, why not add a
bit more trivial electronics and have a means to (at least momentarily)
individually look at either one axis or the other. I envision a 3-position
toggle switch which is spring-loaded to the center ("mixed") position.
Toggle to either "side" position will select one or the other axis for an
individual reading.

--
-Elliott Drucker