Old May 4th 05, 03:52 AM
W P Dixon

Good going Jay,
I have stayed with my diet as I have mentioned about 2 months ago. I have
gone from 201 to 175, with my goal being 165..my marine weight. I did not do
it all by fruit, I used mostly a watch cholestoral and sat fat diet. With my
version of a normal meal 2 or 3 times a week. Instead of a sandwich for
lunch , yep with all the mayo ham and cheese, I ate a bowl of oatmeal w/
alittle honey on it. I watch the sat fats to about 8 grams a day, yep
sometimes you go over with the normal meal, just remember eat a normal meal
on those days...no second helpings! Cholestoral is
where my problem was, my intake per day on it is less than 40 mg. Heart docs
will kiss you if you stick to that!!!!! I really need to find a good looking
woman heart doc! Even though I have the DVT thing going on, and it really
had stopped my usual activities, my energy level has tripled, and it makes
me feel less and less like anything else is wrong with me!!
So keep hanging in there you can lose all you want , just remember a
treat now and then is ok. If you try to cold turkey off of everything that
you love or that's bad for you at once you have more of a chance to "stop"
the diet. I had to do something I love planes, but I really wanted to do
what I could to see my boy become Commandant of the Marine Corps (17), and
walk my girls down the aisle when they marry (8,1) .
And well I just know if I die first my wife is going to put my in a
plastic trash bag and chunk me in the creek to save money on the burial!!
HAHAHA She's a tightwad I tell you!

Patrick
student SPL
aircraft structural mech