Old June 5th 07, 08:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Tri-Pacer

Default Gasohol

The reagent is a light purple color and when it is introduced into a sample
of fuel with alcohol it turns the sample purple. A chart is included to
determine the percentage of alcohol. The kits were put together by a "B.B.
Travis Co." PO Box 287 Lodi CA 95241 and are supposedly Patent Pending.

I haven't found any sign of a BB Travis Company but my searching skills
aren't the best.

I have a small amount of the reagent left and would provide it as a sample
to someone who could analyze it.

Paul Anton
N1431A
KPLU

" What is the color of the unreacted reagent? Water clear? I'll as the
chair
of the chem department what it is and maybe buy a gallon or two and sell
it by the vial for only a thousand percent markup {;-)

I'm in training to run a pharmaceutical company

Jim