Old July 25th 06, 10:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.ultralight
Jim Macklin

Default Wondering What Light Sport Can Do For You?

But in the wisdom of a government career employee, they
can't be changed in flight, makes it rather hard to take-off
on the water with the wheels down so you can land on terra
firma.

"CB" wrote in message
oups.com...
| IIRC (Ron, back me up on this?) dual-position gear are
permitted for
| amphibian LSAs. You don't need a case-by-case exemption.
|
| wrote:
| Da Monk wrote:

| Is that guy landing that thing "wheels up" on the
grass or did he
| retract them that early in the takeoff?
|

| Retractable landing gear are not permitted on Light
Sport Aircraft.

| Supposedly the FAA has approved at least one exemption
for
| an amphiban and may extend that to all amphibians.
|
| Otherwise, someone needs to work on designs for
retractable