Old August 20th 04, 01:59 AM
Capt.Doug

"Peter Duniho" wrote in message Still, that doesn't mean that a
rear-engine
is the perfect solution for every airplane, and of course it's similarly

not true
that no airplane should have a rear engine.

Which is the reason Rutan doesn't put pusher engines on all of his designs.
It's my understanging that the C-337 performs better on the rear engine
because the rear prop sucks air in behind the blunt end of the fuselage thus
decreasing drag. On a slick low-drag design, I imagine the difference
between front and rear drive would be much less pronounced.

D.