Old February 23rd 04, 07:15 PM
tango4

I found rolls of mylar identical to the seals we use were available from a
firm specializing in winding large industrial electric motors - stuff in the
several to hundreds of kW. As far as I know the mylar is given its axial
curvature using rollers and heat. The quantity of heat, the curvature of
the rollers etc is a fairly closely guarded secret! Get any of them wrong
and the mylar flattens itself out or curls up.

Easier to just buy it from the soaring suppliers!

Ian

"D.A.L" wrote in message
om...
Hi, I have just gotten access to mylar drafting medium, 2 different
thicknesses,and I was wondering if it the same stuff we would use for
our gap seals? It's about 34-36 in. wide by about 12 ft. long (end of
rolls).
Thanks,
Don