Old June 7th 08, 12:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Jim Logajan

Default I've had it.

B A R R Y wrote:
I "mark all read", without reading anything, much more than I would
like to. 99% of the messages are two feuding pedantics and one simmer
with issues.

I am skipping over quite a few posts myself - but I'm afraid I have helped
contribute to the noise problem by responding to a few of the feuding
parties.

The sad part is that I *like* unmoderated forums, and prefer
newsreaders over web forums. Many web forums use software that is
such a pain to follow, I never go back more than a few times.

Agreed on the web forum software - most of the sites in question use the
same software, alas. Its mechanism for threading makes browsing multiple
threads painful.