Old March 10th 04, 04:50 PM
Jim Weir

I think the chips themselves are worth investigating. I do have a prejudice
against UK semiconductor manufacturers, having had a major one and a minor one
simply stop producing parts that rendered several tens of thousands of dollars
of hardware and engineering time down the drain.

I realize that they are not ALL like that, but the only two that have screwed me
thus far in 40 years have been UK based.

Jim

-If you want to do some tinkering of your own (legal disclaimer here..) you
-may want to look at sensor chips from QProx (www.qprox.com). They have a
-couple of capacitive level monitor chips like the QT300/301 or QT117L that
-may provide real-time non-contact level information. If you have a non-metal
-tank you may be able to just attach two strips on the side of the tank and
-be done.
-
-Jim, what do you think?
-