Old December 30th 04, 05:19 PM
Robert M. Gary

John D. Abrahms wrote:
Hi all!

I've been reading here for a long time, but now I have a question for
myself that I want to ask.

Yes, you can be signed off for both at the same time. The normal route
here in the U.S. though is private-instrument-commercial. It is
actually a bit odd (maybe 10% of pilot) to have a commercial w/o an
instrument in the U.S. I know the instrument may be of different value
in the E.U. though.

The private and commercial are 75% the same so you should be able to
get the CFI who does your private to sign off your commercial. If you
use King schools or the like, you can do it over the phone and they'll
fax you the auth for both (if you buy both courses).

-Robert, CFI