Old February 3rd 06, 01:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting

Default 1 Fatal ...r.a.h or r.a.p?

On Fri, 03 Feb 2006 06:11:18 GMT, Richard Lamb
wrote:

Jerry Springer wrote:

Montblack wrote:

I sometimes cut-n-paste crash victim's names into
Google.groups.rec.aviation
to see if that person has ever posted here. Too ghoulish?

One person's name, about 6 years ago, came up. IIRC, his family was in
the
plane.

With the spate of recent crashes it got me wondering, again: People
here at
rec.aviation know some of these victims - but have WE lost any of our
(r.a.h
& r.a.p) posters in crashes, in the last 8-10 years?

Montblack
I've been around since 1998 - starting in r.a.s.

Two people that used to post in RAH died in the infamous Mini 500.

I know (knew) a few lurkers (who read but don't post) that we lost in the
last few years.

It's a sad side of this business.

Richard

you know the saddest part of it all.
they vanish anonymously in the dark of night.
most times we wonder about the lack of recent activity and think they
have moved jobs. comes as a real shock to find that someone ceased
existence and we never even knew it.

I have enjoyed all the posters on RAH and aus.aviation that I read and
discuss with and have for over a decade. sometimes an update as to who
has died would be appreciated. ...although we dont want it to become
rec.aviation.funerals

....and I bloody well dont want my entry appearing!
Stealth Pilot