Old January 28th 04, 03:48 AM
Dan Luke

"Paul Folbrecht" wrote:
I have a friend who really wants me to take he & his two boys
up- they are 3 & 5. I am worried about them "freaking out"-
especially the little one.

The little one is the one you *don't* have to worry about freaking out -
he will probably go to sleep. What's worrisome is protecting his
hearing: little kids hate headsets. My 2 1/2-year old grandson thinks no
more of going for a flight than he does of going for a drive, but
keeping a headset on him is tough. And forget earplugs; he absolutely
will not stand for them.

Of course they need to be in back of the 172, which would
make it difficult for my friend to reassure them, etc.

The only child I've ever seen frightened was a 10-year old Angel Flight
patient I took to Atlanta last week. Normal, low altitude bumps really
scared him. I bet your 3- and 5-year olds will be fine unless they get
airsick from a bumpy ride. Keep it ultra smooth.
--
Dan
C172RG at BFM