Old May 28th 05, 12:49 PM
kontiki

ShawnD2112 wrote:

Aviation is nearly unique in the world as being a professional community
which lives and breathes by the concept that the final and, really, only
authority in any situation is the pilot in command. I think it's a
brilliant concept that the rest of society is weaker for not embracing. The
blame and victim cultures that relieve everyone of their own personal adult
responsibility do not apply in aviation and, for the most part, pilots
willingly behave appropriately. I think it's one of the crowing glories of
the aviation community.

Eloquently stated sir. Would that all of the other participants in this
great experiement called "Life on Earth" have the same philosophy.