Old May 28th 05, 11:45 AM
Greg Farris

Sounds like you knew the airspace well - so you knew extending the
downwind would bring you close to Class B, if not into it - That's an
advantage, compared with someone who is there for the first time, and
gives full trust to the controller. In your case, I would have said
something to the tower, like "Unable to continue downwind into Class
Bravo" asking for advice. That way, if he sends you into Class B, it's
clear(er) who did what.

I'm getting tempted to bring my own pocket recorder to monitor
clearances and instructions. I've had controllers flat out deny the
instructions they gave. I know they have tapes, but I get the feeling
that when you want to contest something, those tapes may go the way of
Rose Mary Woods . . .

Hope you files a NASA form.

G Faris