Old May 25th 06, 01:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.misc

Default Busted TFR, what to expect?

Peter Duniho wrote:

It's a basic part of the preflight actions. I also spend a good 15-20
minutes walking around my airplane before every flight, and there's a host
of other time-consuming things (fueling, driving to and from the airport,
sometimes a visit to the pilot shop, etc) surrounding my flying. An extra
10 minutes (though, usually it's only 5) to get a briefing is a no-brainer.

I agree and I also spend a lot of time preparing for a flight.

Yesterday I took a GA-unfamiliar co-worker for a scenic flight over Niagara
Falls. After calling for a briefing, planning the fuel consumption, and
pre-flighting the aircraft, I gave him the "all-set" to climb aboard. He
turned to me and said, "Boy, you can't just gas-and-go with these things,
huh?"

--
Peter