Old April 25th 08, 01:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
WingFlaps

Default Lancair crash at SnF

On Apr 26, 12:12*am, Stefan wrote:
WingFlaps schrieb:

I see the problem. You don't know what velocity is. It's a VECTOR. It
changes when you turn. *If you don't understand this there's not much
point talking about anything that involves physics....

Actually, I know an awful lot about physics.

So much that you mix up speed and velocity? LOL!

In everyday's language, the word velocity stands for the _magnitude_ of
the vector.

Nope. Not even at high school. The magnitude is "speed".

Now if you want me to realise outside some technical or
scientific environment that you use the word velocity in the vector
sense, you better say so explicitely.

Gosh, this isn't a technical forum? Was my post not including
"technical" terms like acceleration?

Still easier would be to say
"direction".

What does "flying with the wind" imply to you, a direction or a speed?
I'd say the former but I'm only a native English speaker.

Cheers