Old December 2nd 03, 09:59 PM
Joe Osman

Ogden Johnson III wrote:

"old hoodoo" wrote:

Does anyone know the whereabouts of any surviving D-S 6 pounders? I have
found one in a private collection (its for sale if anyone is interested)
only.

Just out of curiosity, Al, which naval aircraft was equipped with the
1894 Driggs-Schroeder 6-pounder?
--
OJ III
[Email sent to Yahoo addy is burned before reading.

That's not as far-fetched as it sounds. The British had
plans in 1916 to install a recoilless Davis 12-pounder gun
and later a 12-pounder Naval Landing Gun in the Admiralty
Type 1000, also known as the AD.1, to shell German ships
from the air. It didn't work out.
The French put a Hotchkiss 47mm cannon in the nose of a
Tellier flying boat as an antisubmarine plane in 1920.

See Emmanuel Gustin's website at:
http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Hangar/8217/fgun/fgun-bi.html

Joe