Old December 2nd 03, 11:18 PM
Ogden Johnson III

Joe Osman wrote:

Ogden Johnson III wrote:

"old hoodoo" wrote:

Does anyone know the whereabouts of any surviving D-S 6 pounders? I have
found one in a private collection (its for sale if anyone is interested)
only.

Just out of curiosity, Al, which naval aircraft was equipped with the
1894 Driggs-Schroeder 6-pounder?

That's not as far-fetched as it sounds. The British had
plans in 1916 to install a recoilless Davis 12-pounder gun
and later a 12-pounder Naval Landing Gun in the Admiralty
Type 1000, also known as the AD.1, to shell German ships
from the air. It didn't work out.
The French put a Hotchkiss 47mm cannon in the nose of a
Tellier flying boat as an antisubmarine plane in 1920.

Then there are the 33-pounders [aka 105mm howitzer] used in some
variants of "Puff the Magic Dragon" et seq.

I wasn't being totally facetious. ;-
--
OJ III
[Email sent to Yahoo addy is burned before reading.