Old July 22nd 03, 02:25 AM
Ernest Christley

Corky Scott wrote:
All this blasting used up one entire 100 lb bag of Black Beauty.
That's one valve cover, one seat support, one seat base, a couple of
tiny pieces for the nose gear and one seat back, except that the seat
back had already been painted, I only had to repaint the swivel area
so that did not actually get blasted. A lot of sand goes very little
ways.

Why are you blasting flat areas? Wrap a piece of abrasive cloth in a
shop cloth and sand down the large areas. If you're worried about
scratches showing through, make a second pass with a higher grit. It'll
still take much less time. I will also be blasting before long, but
only in the corners and crevices where sandpaper doesn't want to go.

--
----Because I can----
http://www.ernest.isa-geek.org/