Old February 10th 04, 06:22 PM
Mark James Boyd

In article ,
Pete Zeugma wrote:
At 07:48 10 February 2004, Mark James Boyd wrote:
BAToulson wrote:

and then I'd show them the statistics for
lightning strikes and prove that wearing a chute increased
the
chance of being hit by lightening, and this was a much
greater risk than what we estimated was the risk of

being the first fatal accident in the 2-33 in over
30 years,
much less one that might require a chute...

A short while after the then CFI of the London Gliding
Club mandated all training flights will use chutes,
one of our K21's was hit by a lightning strike which
travelled horizontally some 3-4 miles. The glider was
totaly destroyed, with the tail only attached by it's
control cables. Both pilot and student bailed out and
landed safely (bar a few breaks). Had this been prior
to Jed's time as CFI, we would have had two more dead
pilots.

SEE!! Wearing a parachute attracts lightning strikes!
Who wants that?

OK JUST KIDDING!!! :PPPP