Old November 5th 06, 03:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
A Lieberma

Default This year's annual

"RST Engineering" wrote in
:

hear you bitching in here how much your annual cost you until you can
tell me how much of the owner assisted annual you did. So far as I
can see, about 75-80% of what you've had "done" could have been done
yourself.

Now, you got me curious, on all the problems listed, other then the oil
change, what exactly could I have legally done?

It's only a semi complaint about the cost, not so much for the workmanship,
but for what has to be worked on (low compression cylinder and corrosion).

Hell, in my opinion, A&P's are the doctors of my airplane engine. I work
on computers, not engines and airframes. I just want my airplane the
safest one on the ramp.

Also, the time it takes to do an annual amazes me, which would mean with my
work schedule the plane would be down longer then it be.

So, no you won't hear me complain about the basic annual cost, as I know my
A&P is of utmost integrity and quality. He's got enough bisiness passing
through his hands without having to jack up any prices or look for
problems.

Allen