Old February 17th 08, 11:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Mitty

Default Garmin 430 rquestion- does the approach always have to be activatedvia "activate approach"?

On 2/17/2008 4:54 PM, Stan Prevost wrote the following:
snip

I wonder what the response would be if one called Garmin and asked if
they approve using the navigator this way?

Try it! I have had extremely good luck with Garmin tech support transferring me
to very knowledgeable people when I had something besides the usual RTFM
questions. My guess is that the manuals are the problem and that the behavior
is in the design spec.