Old January 12th 07, 04:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Marco Leon

Default Pitot heat element failed. Options?

Peter,
My heating element went south on my Piper pitot tube. Apparently there
were two heating elements in there and I was able to purchase them
separately. You may want to explore the option of purchasing just the
heating elements.

Marco

Newps wrote:
Michael wrote:
Peter R. wrote:

Of course, it was the element itself that had failed, which apparently in
the Bonanza's case means a new pitot tube.

If you are going to observe the legalities, it sure does. I might or
might not know of several Bonanzas flying with rebuilt pitot tubes...

No legal reason you have to buy a new pitot tube.